Date Night (2010)

I usually don't like chick flicks.  Sappy romance isn't really my favorite form of entertainment. Every once in a while though, a good one pops up. I saw Steve Carell on the cover of this one and thought I'd give it a shot, and discovered it's not actually a chick flick at all!

Date Night is about an average couple, living the boring mundane life of marriage.  In an attempt to spice things up a bit, they decide to throw caution to the wind and go out on a date in the big city; and what better way to do that than steal another parties reservation at one of the most prestigious restaurants in the state? From then on the movie is a roller-coaster of wrong-place at the wrong-time situations, turning what would have been another routine date night into complete chaos. 

I wouldn't call the movie "rolls on the floor laughing" funny, but it has it's own form of comedy that still does a great job of keeping you engaged.  From what people tell me at work, married couples really find something to relate to.

So if you want a fast paced, near-chick flick style comedy movie, this is great one to check out.

Date Night earns a 3/5

Comments

  1. agreed, don't usually go for these kinds of movies but this one was actually watchable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in the name of my gf id watch that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Template:
    http://btemplates.com/2010/blogger-template-peacekeeper/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's interesting that you classified this one as a 'nearly' chick flick. When I saw it I didn't really consider it a chick flick. It was pretty good, but they showed all the good bits in the trailers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. added to my instant queue thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Eli (2010)

City Island (2009)