Kick Ass (2010)

This one surprised a lot of people, including me.  When I first heard about it, and saw the previews in theaters, I had no interest at all.  It flew under my radar and I forgot about it.  When It arrived in store, I had the same reaction, and it turned into a "maybe after I finish season 5 of lost". But after hearing other employees go on and on about how amazing it is, I decided to give it a shot.

Kick ass is primarily about a kid who sees all the wrong in the world and decides it's time to take matters into his own hands.  In a vigilante style super hero costume, he heads out to fight crime.  On his very first run, he ends up in the hospital and loses the ability to feel pain. Instead of giving up, he uses his new "gift" to augment his super hero persona and continues his quest to fight the evil plaguing his city.

When you first pick it up, you probably look at it and see a 12 year old girl in a purple super hero costume, and our main character in his corny looking green suit and think its just going to be another one of those ridiculous teenage movies.  This is just not the case.  Sure it involves teenagers, but the movie is actually...kick ass.  The action is over the top and it has to be the first movie that has ever made a 12 year old karate-kid actually seem authentic.  The story is a bit lacking, but still comes off as original and interesting.

This is definitely a pickup for just about everyone.  It is the perfect blend of Action, Story, Comedy, and drama and probably one of the best movies of the year.

Kick ass earns a 4/5 for kicking ass

Comments

  1. it looks like you're headed in the right direction with this post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice post!
    i like your blog!
    supportin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've probably seen Kick-Ass forty or fifty times since I watched it in theaters and fell in love. Big Daddy's warehouse scene was one of the most bad-ass things I've seen in any comic book movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It, I didn't really care for it. Kind of wished I didn't pay the $5 to rent it On Demand. =\

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw the movie, really liked it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved it. It's been a while since I've anticipated a movie and it hasn't let me down, but, there are times...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Movie,
    Thanks for the support!

    http://shockedllamagaming.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Eli (2010)

City Island (2009)