Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (2010)

I'm sure most of you heard about this recent high budget licensed Disney movie; but if you are like me, you heard the bad feedback and decided to save your nine dollars and wait for a rental.  The critics completely thrashed it, but it still did well in the box office for a video game movie.

I threw it in my dvd player thinking I would be completely disappointed.  I have been a fan of the Prince of Persia series for years, and seeing one of my favorite video game franchises in movie form always makes me a bit nervous.  I sure was surprised...

The movie started off with a bang.  The free running of the Dastan (the prince), combined with the huge battle going on in the background was definitely awesome to see.  I thought for sure this kind of pacing would die down as the movie went on, but it stuck with it.   It really did remind me of Pirates of the Caribbean in terms of production quality and character styles.  They even threw in a humorous side character who seems to try his best at emulating Jack Sparrow.

Overall, the movie doesn't really stay true to the actual games, but on it's own, it did a great job of keeping me entertained. A lot of people didn't like it, but I found a solid action movie deserving of at least a watch.  If you like free running acrobatics and "Epic" feeling movies, Prince of Persia should do something for you.

Prince of Persia earns a 4/5 for being an excellent action movie but lacking a bit in the story and acting departments

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Eli (2010)

City Island (2009)