Diary of a Wimpy Kid (2010)

This one was pretty low on my list.  It's been sitting there for a while, and I keep hearing how awesome it is, so I grabbed it.  For a kids movie, it was actually pretty entertaining.  I just wish my middle school days were as eventful as this movie, I might remember them if that was the case. 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid is the story of a kid who is taking the big step from grade school to junior high.  In this transition, he is hoping to change his persona from unpopular and unknown, to top of the class and king of the yearbook.  Unfortunately, his plans for becoming top dog fail completely, and he ends up hitting rock bottom while his fat immature friend that he was attempting to "fix" takes his place at the pinnacle of school fame.

This movie is actually pretty funny, even though most of the jokes are elementary nonsense.  Usually these kid movies have horrible acting, and this one still has some scenes of monologue sounding dialogue, but the majority of it is really well done. 

It's not something I would recommend to a group of young adults for a movie night, but for everyone else its a charming tale of taking the great leap from kid to teen and doing it with a bang.  If I was in that age bracket or lower, this movie would have been beyond entertaining. 

Diary of a Wimpy Kid earns a 4/5 for making immature snot/fart/rotting cheese jokes still entertaining. 

Comments

  1. mh seems not bad but it's not my genre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big boy, but I like some kids movies. Actually I'll rent a kid to see this movie together, lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Eli (2010)

City Island (2009)